12.9.10

Paper Mache Mobile!

Corbin's name has been finished for awhile. I had a lot of fun working with the paper mache to create it. It got me thinking. What else can I make with paper mache for the nursery?

How about a mobile for above the crib or above the changing area?!

Typical mobiles are 4 or 5 stuffed characters on a motorized hanger that spins and plays music. I wanted something a bit more artsy.

The inspiration:
The blog I found this baby on (click image for link) detailed how to recreate the look with various sized, wooden sewing circles, fishing line, and a few small weights.

Well, I want to do this project for as little moolah as possible. So I decided I would paper mache the pieces instead!

The letter in the center was made the same as the letters in Corbin's Name and the rings were created using a compass and cardboard.

So here's the progress so far:
Next comes paint and finishing touches. I'll add a finished picture when it is indeed finished. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment