12.9.10

37 Weeks

How far along? 37 Weeks 1 day

Countdown: 20 days to go!!

Exercise: Yea right. It takes me 4 tries to get out of bed.

Stretch marks: Inner thighs have gotten it the worst, followed by boobs, and the belly undercarriage.

Sleep: I sleep like a rock in between bathroom breaks. Averaging 5 pee breaks and the occasional heartburn coming out of my nose/choking on vomit trip a night.

Best Moment of the Week: Our prenatal appointment was at the new South Location! It is a half hour closer to us. We were very nervous it would not be completed in time and the drive into the birth center on delivery day would be excruciating. Half hour less excruciating sounds good to me! Also decided to have an internal exam at that appointment and I'm 0 cm dilated but 80% effaced!! Progress!!

Worst Moment of the Week: Spotted a scorpion in the living room of our house to be and decided I don't want to move out of the airstream. The airstream is up 2 feet off of the ground. Nothing slithers or crawls it's way into my living room up here. Jay says he will treat around the house and it shouldn't be an issue once we have doors and such. I have my reservations.

Movement: I keep hoping he'll flip from right to left and assume the position for birth. His head is waaaay down in the pelvis already so we know he's not going to flip breech, thank God! I thought he finally made it over to the left yesterday because I was feeling consistent pressure under my left ribs (which would indicate his butt sticking out) and short jabs on the right side (indicating feet). As I jostle by belly today, I can't be sure. He seems to be right in the middle, kicking my laptop straight up.

Food Craving: When hurricane Hermine hit, all I could think about was a bean burrito from Taco Bell and a brownie earthquake from Dairy Queen. This is not an easy combination to go about here in Kingsland. Taco Bell is in Marble Falls a half hour away from our Kingsland Dairy Queen. Well it rained and rained all day. Jay wouldn't let me drive. The next day it had stopped raining and I was still craving. Jay wouldn't let me drive. We had seen reports of how bad the flooding was so I was forced to wait a third day. By now, Jay was sure my craving had passed but it had only gotten stronger. I finally got my Taco Bell. I had built it up in my head so much that it was a severe let down. I didn't even want the Dairy Queen afterward. So disappointing.

Food Aversions: Nothing. If it's not moving, I'll eat it.

Gender: Oh who knows. We are 75% sure it's a boy, but surprises are always a possibility. We have names picked out for either.

Belly Button: It's not a full outie, but it has worked it's way into protruding the outside edges. It looks like a tiny, flesh colored volcano.

What I miss: the ignorant bliss of never knowing heartburn.

What I'm looking forward to: meeting our little guy!! Won't be long now!

No comments:

Post a Comment