30.9.10

39 Weeks 5 days

How far along? 39 Weeks 5 days

Countdown? 2 days until the infamous Due Date. They'll give him 2 more weeks on the other side of that to make his appearance.

Stretch Marks: Whoa mama! I hope that stretch mark cream I see commercials for on tv works. Otherwise I'm going to start spray tanning. It's a good thing I can't see most of them. My inner and outer thighs have those lovely deep dark purple stripes. Under my belly, I've been told, is quite the disaster area. And of course, the tatas grew at an alarming rate so they were not spared either. Oy vey.

Sleep: Ha! I pee every other hour. In an attempt to make my path to the commode easier, Jay has started pulling Mugsy onto his side of the bed, which puts him in the middle of the bed, so I end up tripping over his feet instead of the dog. If we haven't worked this out by now, I doubt we ever will. A comedy of errors. Jay and I have also been getting our share of strange dreams about the baby. I continue to dream that he will come out a toddler. Jay has been reassured in his sleep that our son is indeed all male.

Best Moment of the Week: We (or rather Jay) mudded, primed, painted, and re-painted the entire downstairs of our soon to be house! We pulled up the plastic that was protecting the concrete floors, and Jay mopped and scrubbed in some muriatic acid wash to prep for the concrete stain! Hopefully, we will stain tonight and we (again, meaning Jay) can install the shower this weekend! Then, all we need is trim, doors, outlets and switches, a toilet, a vanity, and some furniture and we are ready to move in!!! Still a race to the finish and we may have to spend a week or two with the newborn in the airstream, but man oh man I'm I impressed with my guy! He really busted his butt to get it to this point.

Worst Moment of the Week: I must have rolled over a screw or a rock in the house while I was keeping Jay company this week. My birth ball has a hole in it. :( It's a sad little deflated ball now. Probably make a trip to walmart today to buy a new one.

Movement: I hardly notice his jabs and kicks anymore. When I'm eating he likes to stretch out and I can always tell which end is his feet because when I push back slightly he moves away. I'm not so much worried about his movement anymore. Sensations coming from my stomach are 10% him, 90% braxton hicks contractions. And they are getting intense! I always wanted rock hard abs, but good Lord.

Food Craving: ice cream and chocolate.

Food Aversions: I'm up for anything.

Gender: Boy

Belly Button: Pretty sure it will stay the lop-sided skin volcano. Not popping out all the way.

What I miss: being the slightest bit comfortable. Bending forward.

What I look forward to: Sweet, glorious relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment