25.8.10

33/34 Week Appointment

At my last appointment there was protein in my urine, which is an indicator of preeclampsia. The midwife, Michelle, wasn't alarmed. She suspected I cross contaminated the test. So this week I was careful to only get pee on the stick and sure enough only trace amounts of protein now!

Another indicator of pre-e is high blood pressure. I thought for sure I would have high blood pressure today. I was 20 minutes late to my appointment. There was an accident on Mopac 1 and everyone and their mom had to stop and stare, which made the usual 70 mph highway a parking lot. I was so stressed about losing my appointment and having to reschedule after already investing an hour and a half into the drive only to turn around. I called the birth center and the angel, Erin, who answered the phone told me to come on in and they would still see me today! Whew! (Note to self: make Erin cupcakes). But Roswitha took my blood pressure and it was only 112/64!

We gained a pound since last time, up to 168 pounds of fun. Corbin's heart rate is measuring 140 bpm! He's still head down, Roswitha said his head is nice and settled already! According to the October 8th due date, I'm 33 weeks 5 days. According to my guess of October 2nd, I'm 34 weeks 4 days. According to my fundal height, I'm 36 weeks!

I've been told by the midwives if I go into labor in 2 weeks they will not stop it and we can meet our baby! But he's still got some time to cook. Could be two weeks, could be four weeks, probably be six or eight weeks just to spite me.

I got my hospital bag checklist this week and will now go home and start packing "just in case". The hangar is coming along nicely. We have insulation in about half of the downstairs living portion. It will be a race to see if we move into the hangar before Corbin moves to the outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment